Translate

Monday, April 11, 2011

Cloaked


Johnny is a modern cobbler in South Beach. But his dreams of princesses and adventure are permanently put on hold thanks to his duties to his family shoe business and his poor mother. When a gorgeous European princess offers to foot the bill for an adventure in Key West, Johnny doesn’t hesitate to agree. But there’s a catch—he’s looking for the princess’s very own frog prince…her brother.
            Johnny agrees to go, but the last thing he expects is real magic at work. Alex Finn’s latest novel cobbles together many different fairy tales, from the Elves and the Shoemaker and the Frog Prince to lesser known the Salad. It’s fast pace and action scenes keep it a quick read. Cloaked engages the reader from beginning to end. This is a delightful happily-ever-after fairly tale that will have you rooting for the average hero the whole way.


Back of the Book:
I'm not your average hero. I actually wasn't your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all.
     It all started with a curse. And a frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.
     There wasn't a fairy godmother or any of that. And even though I fell in love along the way, what happened to me is unlike any fairy tale I've ever heard. Before I knew it, I was spying with a flock of enchanted swans, talking (yes, talking!) to a fox named Todd, and nearly trampled by giants in the Everglades.
     Don't believe me? I didn't believe it either. But you'll see. Because I knew it all was true, the second I got cloaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment